Gaming

Generation Zero - Survival in Sweden

2018-10-29 21:18 #0 by: jordan

Generation Zero is a new game developed by Avalanche Studios. It is classed as a survival game, but with a twist - You and a few others are fighting against a new, AI invasion. I originally wasn't too interested in the game, until it mentioned it was set in 1980's Sweden, which I thought was really unique!

I did notice something in the comments as well, with many noting how this is similar to one Simon Stålenhag. Who is he? Does anyone know?

2018-10-30 03:21 #1 by: Tammie

I have never heard of Simon. I lived in Sweden in the early 80's so I find it funny that the game is set in the 1980's.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

2018-10-30 09:33 #2 by: Niklas

This is Simon Stålenhag:

» Simon Stålenhag - Google Search

And his Wikipedia page:

» Simon Stålenhag - Wikipedia

2018-10-30 23:32 #3 by: jordan

#1 It reminded me of some of the outskirt regions of the capital! All the way down to the architecture of the buildings - they looked very 'Swedish' haha

2018-10-30 23:33 #4 by: jordan

#2 It seems like he is a very famous artist! Loves his robots, which makes sense given the games context.

2018-10-31 07:49 #5 by: Niklas

Yes, he has gotten a lot of attention. In a way, what he does reminds me of another Swedish artist, Erik Johansson. Take a look at this:

» ERIK JOHANSSON

2018-10-31 21:41 #6 by: jordan

I can see the resemblance! I find the last image on his page very interesting.

2018-11-01 12:20 #7 by: Niklas

The one with the road being laid?

I saw his exhibition at Fotografiska in Stockholm a couple of years ago. It was very fascinating. Possibly the best art exposition I have visited. My wife bought his book there. It’s very good for kids and adults to look at together.

There is anohter comment in this discussion. It is, however, only visible for logged in members. To read the comment, log in or register to become a member.