Annons:
Taggaming
Read 2226 times
jordan
2019-06-28 01:04

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled

Hot take. The trend of developers remastering previously loved games is fantastic and I hope that (licenses permitting) it continues!

While some may not see the value of buying and playing through the same game again, I personally find that the refresh that games are going through at the moment add a refreshing touch to a tried and tested formula.

That is certainly the case with popular kart racing game CTR: Nitro fueled. Unlike others in the category, the skill based elements of racing are clearer, and clearly care has been taken to ensure that the challenges in the game stretch and challenge the user like it had done over 20 years ago.

Understandably, the game has also received rave reviews, averaging 84 on Metacritic.

See IGN's review of Crash here, although personally I do not think that difficulty should be something that gets the game marked down, where's the fun in victory if it wasn't remotely challenging?

Annons:
Niklas
2019-06-28 12:49

I think the idea of reviving legendary games for new platforms is excellent. It's like the remakes of good old movies. They reach new audiences and often adds elements that weren't previously possible.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-07-03 01:31

#1 Exactly! It's a shame that some things may not come back due to licensing issues (mainly with music). Some stories could be told much better nowadays with the better technology.

Scroll to top
Annons: